Saturday, August 21, 2010

Not my cup of tea


As a devoted iced coffee consumer, I'm fairly particular about iced tea. I like it but don't drink it often. I don't like it overly sweet and I especially don't like it with mint. Still, when Tim came home with a free bag of delicate lime basil from a friendly seller at the farmer's market, who recommended it with brewed iced tea, I decided to give it a try.

Using my coffee maker and six bags of Celestial Seasonings Green Tea to 12 cups of cold water, I added about 1/3 cup (loosely packed) lime basil leaves to the carafe. The aroma while brewing was amazing. When done dripping, I took the carafe off of the heating plate and let the leaves steep another 15 minutes. I then strained it into a pitcher with about 2 cups of ice cubes and 3 tablespoons agave syrup.

Once well chilled, I poured a glass for Tim and garnished it with a pretty sprig of basil. He declared it tasty and refreshing. I tried it, too, and declared it all his.

No comments:

Post a Comment