Monday, May 30, 2011

Eat your greens -- ice cold!

I'm still obsessed with my Breville and found a great source of smoothie recipes on the Cusinart website. I was especially curious about the Avocado-Orange Smoothie, which I tweaked to make deliciously creamy popsicles.

I love the idea of a healthy, satisfying dessert. The recipe fills a dozen standard popsicle molds -- I got mine last year at Target -- and yields a luscious green pop. Despite its signature color, I feel sure that if you served it to someone who didn't know what was in it, they'd have a tough time guessing.

Run mold under warm water to loosen before trying to remove. This blend would be terrific spiked with a shot of good tequila, and a sprinkle of chile-lime seasoning inside the mold before filling.

2 ripe avocados
3 cups orange juice
3 tbsp. agave syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

Put all ingredients in blender bowl and  buzz until smooth. Transfer to popsicle molds, filling to the brim. Freeze at least four hours or overnight.











(Weight Watcher PointsPlus: 3 points each)

No comments:

Post a Comment